Friday, October 16, 2015

Signs

It's only October but I've already put two measures into place to keep my sanity with my son's school situation:

1. Asking my husband to drop him off once or twice a week, so I can have a couple mornings a week where I don't feel sick to my stomach on the way to work because I had to drive away and leave him at that place.

2. Seeking out other schools.

It's still up in the air about whether we'll pull him from his current school this year, but next year it's an absolute. We have to find him someplace else. So far we've had one option and it's been incredibly stressful for me to think about what would happen if he wasn't accepted to that school, but this week we found another school which could be very good for him. And they want him.

It would be awesome to have him in a school that wants him.

I don't believe that God communicates with us constantly via signs. Some people believe that every little occurrence is a sign, and I'm just not on board with it. If I believed that, then last night when the chain snapped on the cross necklace I wear constantly it would be a very bad sign indeed. And yet, I think sometimes signs are real. And I think yesterday I may have gotten one.

Yesterday a colleague of mine called with information about that second school that might be good for my son. It's a neighborhood school, but it's small and high-achieving and they're excited at the prospect of taking on the challenge that is my son...at least so far. Before I started my commute home I left a message for the principal to call me so we can talk. As I drove home there was a mix of sunshine and rain, and as soon as I turned my car east down the street that leads to my house I saw a giant rainbow across the gray sky, and these lyrics came through the stereo speakers:

Howling ghosts they reappear in mountains that are stacked with fear,
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart.

And in the sea that's painted black, creatures lurk below the deck
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart.

And as the world comes to an end, I'll be here to hold your hand
Because you're my king and I'm your lionheart.

Sweet little boy, I'll always fight for you. Someday we'll find a place for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment